Usually everywhere domesticated livestock animals were seen to roam about freely and they were fenced out of areas like fields or gardens of crops where they were not required. With the passage of time, particularly in places where the agriculture of crops became a dominant factor with a significant rise in the population of both animals and humans, people made fences to keep in their domesticated animals and this is how the fences or panels of modern times evolved. If you are a new owner of a farmland with no prior experience in all these matters, you would have to consider selecting the cattle panels for sale which are ideal for your livestock animals.
As a newbie, it is natural for you to commit some mistakes in terms of selecting cattle panels. Therefore, here are a few common mistakes that you should refrain from while selecting cattle panels for sale.
· When corner posts lack the proper size or depth: This is one of the most common mistakes made by the farmland owners while choosing fences for their cattle. The main problem arises when the posts are undersized and the corner posts are not set in proper depths, especially in soft and sandy soils. According to experts, the height of the top wire should be equal to or greater than the depth in the ground.
· Post spacing is very close: Fencers normally tend to use many cattle fences for sale that are often more than required and this generally stems from people’s experience with barbed wire. But a good rule of thumb is to fix 1 post measuring 16.5 feet. In case of an electric-fencing system, experts recommend to place the posts with a spacing of about 80-100 feet or about 50 posts for a mile.
· Using the energizer of wrong size: Regardless of the strands per wire, you should opt for 1 joule of output for every mile of fence. According to this calculation, if there are 6 miles of fences, you would need a minimum of 6-Joule energizer. You must remember that the size of the energizer is inversely proportional to the amount of the voltage.
· When the ground rod is placed all together: According to the specialists, 99 percent of grounding is of electric fence and you should allow 3 feet of ground rods for every Joule of energy output of the cattle panels. Therefore, if the fence is making use of 6-Joule energizer, it would require 18 feet of ground rods. Check out at Arrow Farmquip.
· When the fence is not wildlife friendly: Experts suggest to buy cattle panels that are flexible rather than fences that are elk and moose-proof. You can also consider opting a low-profile fence that can be designed for allowing the cattle for going under the wires but low enough so that larger animals are not able to come through.
With all these tips, you can get the cheap cattle panels for sale (http://arrowfarmquip.com.au/) which are perfect for your needs and preferences and avoid the recurrence of common problems in rearing of cattle.
For more details, just visit http://www.arrowfarmquip.com.au/.